Friday, April 24, 2009

Speaking of Polka Dots...



Dress: Ebay
Blouse: Thrifted
Shoes: A garage sale
Purse: I bought it from a lady I met at Goodwill who had an entire house filled with vintage stuff.

On my balcony (where this picture was taken) there was an entire colony of bees living in some of the old wood. We have coexisted very peacefully together for the last 6 months. Let me preface this story by telling you that I live in a very old building that has been renovated into apartments. There is still a lot of construction going on and today they decided to rip out the bee-infested wood. I was not aware of this as I went out to take some pictures on my balcony. As I'm smiling away for the camera I realize that I am completely surrounded by bees and they are not very happy. My photo shoot ended very abruptly when they started diving for my head. I was running around shrieking and flailing in such a way that got the construction guys attention and they started pointing and laughing. Very embarrassing.



Some polka dot inspiration:





4 comments:

Ace said...

You look lovely! Bees terrify me, I can't stand the buzzing sound.

Unknown said...

eek, that bee story sounds terrible! but i must say, you look completely adorable. i really love this outfit and your hair! so pretty.

beckylou said...

iiiih bees :S I would have screamed so hard :D

I adore your dress, very cute!

xx

Priscilla said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments.